cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Adding 'sister tools'...

ptc-1932745
1-Newbie

Adding 'sister tools'...

In Pro-toolmaker, they have the concept of 'sister tools' to denote identical tools than can be swapped in/out after a certain amount of cutting time for die/mold work.

Has anyone been able to find a way to at least add M01 (opp stop) in a rougning or finishing sequence after a specific amount of cuttting time or distance in Pro/NC sequences?

At least with the M01, I can let the machinist know that the inserts need to be flipped, etc...

Is this possible in Vericut? Opti-path maybe? (Full version, not the NC check in Pro-Man)

TIA, (Thanks in Advance),

Christopher Gosnell

TRIGON INC.
FPD Company
124 Hidden Valley Road
McMurray, PA 15317
PH: 724.941.5540
FX: 724.941.8322
www.fpdinc.com

-------------------------------------------------------------------

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

I just got a great video tutorial of how to 'customize' an NC sequence to split the sequence, add optional retracts, opstops, etc... THANKS!

Unfortunately, I am using CREO1 NC (not expert machinist) and PTC have 'ribbonized' the interface. I can't find any remnant of a 'customize' command. I will keep looking, and thanks for the repsonse.

Christopher Gosnell

TRIGON INC.
FPD Company
124 Hidden Valley Road
McMurray, PA 15317
PH: 724.941.5540
FX: 724.941.8322
www.fpdinc.com

-------------------------------------------------------------------

could you please share this video tutorial with the list.

tia

Industrial Area - Rodotopi
45500 - Ioannina
Greece

Christopher,

I can help you customize an NC Sequence to add any G or M codes anywhere you want in Creo 1 or Creo 2. It is very easy, but I want you to call me so I can walk you thru it.

Kent Hanson

269-663-5515

Top Tags