cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Any way of adding large descriptions in model file and then calling them in drawing through parameters?

simran
6-Contributor

Any way of adding large descriptions in model file and then calling them in drawing through parameters?

Hello all,

I am pretty new to CREO drawings and using parameters callout to use data from the part file to be displayed in the drawing file. I am familiar with &scale, &pro_mp_mass parameters that can be put in to the .frm file to be called out in drawing with their respective data.  What i want to do now is to define a parameter (or if there is predefined parameter?) for huge descriptions for my my part file like in that description i will be explaining the max min operation temperature some of the machining and manufacturing processes on the part and things like that. So is there any way of adding this description which will be in the form of paragraph in a part file as a parameter which i will later call in the drawing file? I have tried defining the parameter in the .prt file by changing the value to "string" but the characters i can enter is limited and it wont let me add next line to it.

hope you people understand my question. Thanks

P.S: It wud be really helpful to me if someone post or gives me a link of the list of all the predefined parametrs used in CREO.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4
mender
6-Contributor
(To:simran)

What you want to do is to make a note in the solid with whatever text and parameter callouts you like.  Then you can either Show Model Annotations in the drawing to show it, or you can use Parameters in the solid to make a note-valued parameter (using the ID of the note), and call out that parameter in the drawing.

simran
6-Contributor
(To:mender)

yeaH exactly but how to do that exactly? can u take me through the steps? Using CREO 2.0..

dnordin
15-Moonstone
(To:simran)

Sohaib,

In Creo Parametric 2.0, there are several methods to create a note that Matt mentioned.

1. Right click on the name of the model in the model tree (at the very top), and select SETUP NOTE > PART or ASSEMBLY.
  2. Use NOTES in the ANNOTATE tab > ANNOTATIONS group.  A MDL NOTES menu will appear.  Select NEW to create a new note.
  3. Create an ANNOTATION FEATURE in the ANNOTATE tab > ANNOTATION FEATURES group.  You can create a note feature within the annotation feature.

The first two methods will create a note that shows in the model tree under "Annotations".  These are the easiest to manipulate.  The third method creates an annotation feature in the model tree just like any other feature listed.  Calling out the note in a drawing using the third method is the most difficult.

Regards,

Dan N.

simran
6-Contributor
(To:dnordin)

Thanks man it helped..

Top Tags