cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Different ncl output from same file for 2 users

ScottJohnson
14-Alexandrite

Different ncl output from same file for 2 users

What would cause two different users, using the same mfg file, to get two different ncl outputs?

I get:

$$-> CUTTER / 6.000000
SET / OFSETL,  55
ROTATE / BAXIS,  ATANGL,  -90.000000

SET / OFSETL,  57
ROTATE / BAXIS,  ATANGL,  90.000000

SET / OFSETL,  54
ROTATE / BAXIS,  ATANGL,  270.000000

He gets:

SET / OFSETL,  55
ROTATE / BAXIS,  ATANGL,  90.000000

SET / OFSETL,  57
ROTATE / BAXIS,  ATANGL,  270.000000

SET / OFSETL,  54
ROTATE / BAXIS,  ATANGL,  450.000000

(Post takes care of overrotation)

Config setting, setting in machine, site, operation, nc sequence?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

We are using a common workcenter in order to use the tooling for multiple jobs on the same machine. It just seemed to have changed about a week ago. I was troubleshooting and posting code when the rotation was suddenly wrong. PTC ncl files are notoriously wrong, but I have written pposts in IMS to clean it up, but when it changed the post no longer fixed the new state. I had another ME post ncl then run the post without changes and it works.

More thoughts...

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
rlysy
5-Regular Member
(To:ScottJohnson)

Hello Scott,

the problem is probably in the Work Center definition.

There is the parameter named Rotation Direction which can have three values: Shortest, CLW and CCLW (see attached figure below).

And each of you specified different value, probably.

This could be reason why CL-output is different.

Rotation_Direction.jpg

I hope that will help you.

Rostislav

We are using a common workcenter in order to use the tooling for multiple jobs on the same machine. It just seemed to have changed about a week ago. I was troubleshooting and posting code when the rotation was suddenly wrong. PTC ncl files are notoriously wrong, but I have written pposts in IMS to clean it up, but when it changed the post no longer fixed the new state. I had another ME post ncl then run the post without changes and it works.

More thoughts...

config.pro setting cl_rotate_sign_convention defaults to TABLE when it should be set to TOOL. All posts out good now.

Top Tags