cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Generating an X,Y,Z point table from a Pattern of Points

NEALROSENBLUM
1-Newbie

Generating an X,Y,Z point table from a Pattern of Points

All,

I need to create a pattern of points through a closed loop datum curve. I already have the curve, but my customer now wants a point file for creating a waterjet toolpath file.

So if I create a pattern of points along a curve or boundary edge of a sheetmetal part, then:

1. How do I extract the X, Y, Z coordinates from the pattern and list these values in a table?

2. How do I extract the table to MS Excel?

TIA.

Sincerely,
Neal Rosenblum
Geometrix Engineering, Inc.
201 N. 13th Avenue
Hollywood, FL 33019
Ph: 954-920-2049
Fax: 954-920-9574
Cell: 954-649-9399
neal@geometrixeng.c

3 REPLIES 3

Hi Neal.
The function you need is "hole table" - to be found in Tools-Menu in WF4 or on left side of Table-Tab in WF5. Always drawing mode.

Either way
- create a drawing of your model - one view at least.
- insert a hole table using datum points - select corresponding coordinatesystem on drawing during creation (z must be normal to screen, x and y horizontal/vertical - so maybe you have to create an extra coordinate system)
- choose corner of table

The resulting table can be saved as CSV-file and then imported to Excel.

If you need more information in detail search for either "hole chart" or "hole table" and "export table" in Pro/E-help.

Hope this works for you
Matthias.

-------- Original-Nachricht --------

Thanks for posting this.

Barry

Thank you Mattias and David.

I had tried to do what you suggested MANY times with no success. I then realized that the points,

Thank you.

Sincerely,
Neal Rosenblum
Geometrix Engineering, Inc.
201 N. 13th Avenue
Hollywood, FL 33019
Ph: 954-920-2049
Fax: 954-920-9574
Cell: 954-649-9399
neal@geometrixeng.c

Top Tags