cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Holiday Cheer for Our Engineers: Jokes, Memes and Models

bdixion
1-Newbie

Holiday Cheer for Our Engineers: Jokes, Memes and Models

It’s that time of year again where holiday cheer, quality time with the family, and the good sales at your favorite stores kick into high gear. Instead of re-gifting my gift from last year’s holiday party, I figured I’d give you something you’ll actually enjoy.  Today’s blog post is filled with the gift of holiday cheer. Laugh a little. Laugh a lot. Then spread the holiday cheer by 3D printing holiday gifts for your friends.

Laugh a Little

These engineering memes had our group chuckling right away.

trust-me-im-an-engineer_o_279667.jpgengineering-flowchart.jpg1f764fb0-189c-448f-9287-66fe5edfb394.jpg

55500323.jpgengineering-meme-3.jpgd2dd355b1622e153f8ddf9fd41af0512.jpg

Laugh a lot

These engineering jokes from Reddit definitely lightened the mood.

A mathematician and engineer are sitting in a bar when the bartender walks up and tells them, "The woman in the corner fancies both of you. One of you should go and talk to her, but every step you take will only halve your current distance to her." The mathematician says, "Well, I guess that's not going to happen then." He pays his tab and leaves. The engineer stands up and takes a few steps when the bartender says to him "You do realize you will never reach her?" The engineer turns to the bartender and replies "Yeah, but I'll get close enough for practical applications."

~ documents1856

Three engineering students were gathered together discussing the possible designers of the human body. One said, "It was a mechanical engineer. Just look at all the joints." Another said, "No, it was an electrical engineer. The nervous system has many thousands of electrical connections." The last said, "Actually it was a civil engineer. Who else would run a toxic waste pipeline through a recreational area?"

~ diamondeyes18

An Engineer, a priest, and a thief were each sentenced to death by guillotine.

They bring out the priest first, and he says "Please. Allow me to lie in the guillotine facing up, so that I might face towards God as I am about to join him." The guards allow it, and place his head through the slot. The guard pulls the lever and the blade comes down but stops just inches short of the priest's head. It's regarded as such a freak occurrence that the priest is pardoned and set free. Next up is the thief. He says "Heck, it worked for the priest. Put me in face up too." Again the guards allow it, and again they pull the lever. The blade comes falling down, but again stops just short of the thief's neck. Like the priest, the thief is granted a pardon and set free, due to the marvelously good turn of fortune.

Finally the engineer is brought out. He asks "If you don't mind, could you put me in facing up?" The guards agree and place him in the machine. The guard grabs a hold of the lever, but just before he can pull, the engineer points up and says: "Oh hey, I think I see where the problem is."

~ mrhorrible

Spread the Holiday Cheer

And these FREE holiday CAD models made us a bit envious of people with 3D printers at home. If you have (or know someone with) a 3D printer at home, be sure to share these free printable models. Who knows, this might end up being the gift that keeps giving.

container_faceted-deer-head-3d-printing-28411.jpg  container_christmas-tree-3d-printing-52175.png  container_hanukkah-dreidel-3d-printing-52639.JPG  container_snowflake-light-holder-3d-printing-19571.jpg

Print a Deer Head                    Print a Christmas Tree        Print a Hanukkah Dreidel          Print a Snowflake Light Holder

sleigh.jpg                 Snowflakes v2.jpg                 snowman large.jpg            

Print a Sleigh for Santa                                        Print Snowflake Ornaments                                 Print a Snowman Ornament

***Free Bonus Models (for those of us without 3D printers)***

gingerbread house.jpg

snow globe.jpgsnowman rocket sleigh.jpg

Download The Gingerbread House                                 Customize Your Own Snow Globe!‌            Checkout the Variations of this Snowman!

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

Thank you Brianna, I enjoyed your offering

Ron

Top Tags