cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

How to control line space in a ptc font?

Helena
4-Participant

How to control line space in a ptc font?

We want to use the leroy font for some signs we're manufacturing. But since the heigt of the leroy font is defined wrong (when you set the text height to 5mm, the lowercase letter turms out 5mm high) and it also refers to a latin font which look completely different, I have made a copy of the leroy font and made som changes.

These are the settings in the original file:

codeset 0
height 63width 36
base_offset 11
spec_height 26
xextent 36
fixed_width 1
ascender 11
polygons 0
ics 1
gap 8

These are the settings after my changes:

codeset 0
height 59
width 36
base_offset 11
spec_height 37
xextent 36
fixed_width 1
ascender 11
polygons 0
ics 1
gap 8

This gives the right height of the font. But I have the problem that when I write a note with more than one row, the base_offset of the row above collides with the ascender of the row below. I have tried to change the height and the ascender to 63 and 15. But the text comes out the same.

Does anyone know how to control the line space?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Helena,

I have tested your font. See uploaded file .

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Helena,

I have never created ProE font, so I can only forward you into PTC manual (see attached PDF file).

Information important for you is located on pages B-29 to B-39 (page numbers 151-161).

Good luck

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

Helena,

if you want you can send me your font source file. I can test it in my Creo Parametric 2.0 installation.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák
Helena
4-Participant
(To:MartinHanak)

Thank you Martin for offering your assistance.

Here are our font-files. They are not completely finished but Ü,Å,Ä and Ö is good enough to see the problem.

Helena,

please upload also a drawing file containing multiline note.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák
Helena
4-Participant

I attach a drawing with a multiline with ÜÅÄÖ.

Helena,

I have tested your font. See uploaded file .

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák
Helena
4-Participant

Martin,

Thank you very much for your efforts.

I will have to think about how to go on. Maybe I will make the letter with an ascender sligtly smaller...

Just out of curiosity, what is the relation between the line space value and the overlapping of the font?

How did you know at which high the lines collide at line space 0.5? (value 56 and 7)

Thanks again

Helena

Helena,

I added vertical line and two horizontal lines (value 11 and 48) to test characters. Then I created multiline note on the drawing. I found that note lines overlap (thanks to vertical line). Then I estimated and tested the position of additional horizontal lines (value 7 and 56).

I do not know why note lines overlap, therefore I do not know the relation between the line space value and the overlapping of the font.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

Helena,

I have a problem to find definition of ÜÅÄÖ (uppercase and lowercase) characters in font source file. Please can you extract this information for me and send it to me.

Thanks

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák
TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot
(To:Helena)

For some reason, line spacing is set to 0.5. See if changing this will solve your problem.

Top Tags