cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

How to generate CNC code for a simple milling operation?

gmenegatti
1-Newbie

How to generate CNC code for a simple milling operation?

Hello,

I'm trying to generate a G code in CREO 2.0, but the didn't work. The manufacturing have give me just the number senquence of deslocament, but not the G code of operation. Someone new what happened? How I can do it works? Thanks.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2
RaphMORIN
13-Aquamarine
(To:gmenegatti)

Hi, to do this you need to have a post processor. Do you have one ?

Hi Giovanna,

You need to select a post processor while you save the cl file.

As Rapha said, the G codes are different for different post processors, try the following step, it should be easy.

1. Select "save a cl file"

2. Select "operation / nc sequence"

3. Then select the respective operation / sequence you want to extract G codes for

4. Select "file > (tick MCD file) > select done > specify a name for the cl file > select "done" again under 'PP options'

5. you will be shown a list of pre saved post processors.

6. Select the one ending with .P15 (that is what I use for my machine)

7. Open the file with .tap extension using notepad.

8. Check whether it suits your machine by running simulations.

NOTE: post processors are different for different machines, if you want to learn to make your own post processor , please ask for further help from the experts at the forum.

Top Tags