cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

How to make the same part summary in PDX8.0?

bduncan
15-Moonstone

How to make the same part summary in PDX8.0?

HI

This is my frist time to use PDX,when I create the component list,I can't get the same part summation.What can I do next? HERE IS Attachment.p1.jpgp2.jpg

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
11 REPLIES 11
James62
10-Marble
(To:bduncan)

Hi Blue,

Are you talking about AFX? Can't remember seeing beams in PDX.

bduncan
15-Moonstone
(To:James62)

I want to use PDX to create 3D bom,AFX does not have this function.

James62
10-Marble

Ahh, good idea.

Wish I knew how to deal with BOMs in PDX, but I don't. Sorry

bduncan
15-Moonstone

I will show you the benefit of EMX

James62
10-Marble

Oh, ya, please.

I know alot about PDX, also that it's price that goes way too high. I just don't know the BOM side of PDX, I prefer to make my BOMs the old way - with repeat regions.

I've also got little experience with EMX. I think BOMs are easier made with EMX than PDX though, but I have no idea how to handle BOMs in EMX either.

I've been trying to read help files of both of these packages couple of times, but they didn't really enlighten me much.

I wish to find out how to config, and use these packages the way I want them to, but it seems to be way too hard.

bduncan
15-Moonstone

2.jpgFirst,you can create a simplified representation,that contain many parts that you want. repeat it untill you finsh the work.That means there are many simplified representations in your Top Components.1.jpg

bduncan
15-Moonstone

And I made a video I can send it to you by email

James62
10-Marble

Ok, Blue.

I'm gonna pm you.

Thanks.

Can you post it in the video section of our to help others who may want to learn as well?

bduncan
15-Moonstone

That's awesome, thanks so much for sharing!

Top Tags