cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

How to manually position, safety moves for example.

nlehman
12-Amethyst

How to manually position, safety moves for example.

I have found that I am able to manually index our table by inserting CL COMMANDS into tool motions.  The problem is that after I rotate the table, I then go to re-position the turret, but it tries to re-position the table to the coordinate system that is selected in the sequence instead of leaving it where I positioned it.

Basically I am looking for the ability that trajectory milling gives you, except without the requirements of using a tool

To better explain what I am trying to say, I will explain my current situation.  I am trying to insert safety moves for the operator.

I have created a drilling sequence that follows a CSYS for B180, after the drill completes its cycle I then inserted  CL COMMANDS into the tool motion tabs of ROTABL/ATANGL,90,CCLW.  This command turns the table from 180 to 90.  I then move the Z in to 1.0 (our table moves, not the spindle), which brings the table close to the operator so he can remove clamps. I have done this Z move by referencing a point, and also have tried to do it with GOTO CL COMMANDS (all in the tool motion tab of this drill sequence).  But when it codes out, the last Z move goes to the Z of 1.0 but also turns the table back to 180 since that is the CSYS that sequence is referencing...

I basically need a way of moving the machine without having to be tied to a machining sequence.  I am unable to do this move in trajectory milling, because I am unable to do anything in trajectory milling with a drill selected, and I need to keep the drill in the spindle because after the safety move is complete it drills the other side.

Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
nlehman
12-Amethyst
(To:nlehman)

Manual Cycle is the answer.  I was not aware of manual cycle, but is the only tool path for which a tool is optional.  This cycle allows you to create points and then under tool motions, go to those points for machine movement.

It is located under the mill tab and then the milling drop down.

ca.png

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
nlehman
12-Amethyst
(To:nlehman)

Manual Cycle is the answer.  I was not aware of manual cycle, but is the only tool path for which a tool is optional.  This cycle allows you to create points and then under tool motions, go to those points for machine movement.

It is located under the mill tab and then the milling drop down.

ca.png

Top Tags