cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

I am looking for a text font for engraving like Leroy with wider character spacing.

WilliamLiebert
1-Newbie

I am looking for a text font for engraving like Leroy with wider character spacing.

The spacing on most of the single line character fonts in Creo do not allow for the width of the cutter used in engraving. Is there a way to space the characters? Is there a source for engraving fonts which consider cutter width?

9 REPLIES 9

can you use the aspect ratio to stretch the letters out? not sure if that will fix what you are after but it might.

The aspect ratio stretches both the spacing and the characters, to get the right spacing the characters are out of proportion.

Yes it does stretch them. Just a thought for a quick fix if you only needed a little more spacing. not sure about different fonts. I believe you can import fonts from other sources. I have never done it so I am not much help there. Also the letter spacing is pretty much a standard unless you can copy each of the letters as a sketch then space them your self.

If this engraving operation is something you need to do on regular basis then you may want to consider to create your own dedicated font for engraving.

In the attached file look at the "How to Edit Fonts or Create New Fonts"(page 123) and the following sections for details regarding font creation.

I think you will need to change the value of the "gap" parameter on the font header:

# Leroy Font Set (C-02-27)
# Steven Young
# July 20, 1992
#
#  20-Jul-92 $$1 Submitted
#  25-Jun-01 J-03-02 rmi   $$2  Added caret and underscore
#
codeset 0
high 63
width 36
ascender 11
spec_hight 26
base_offset 11
fixed_width 1
ics 1
gap 8

The font parameters are explained in "Font definition" section starting at page 112.

Hi,

attention! ... Text font is made up from linear segments, only. Also PTC does not offer graphic editor enabling font creation.

I think that the simpliest solution is to create individual letters in Sketcher mode and save them as separate .sec file or as Sketch features.

MH

Martin Hanák

Dear Martin,

do you practice this out?

I'm thinking if this can be a solution to create parameter llike e.g. TEXT (string) with content of letters and reading it letter after letter Creo will build geometry based on that sketches...

BR

Roman

Hi,

you replied to discussion more then 1 year old. It does not make any sense ...

... and I do not understand, what you mean with your reply.

Martin Hanák

Hi,

I just following your suggestion: "I think that the simpliest solution is to create individual letters in Sketcher mode and save them as separate .sec file or as Sketch"

So I'm wondering if this will be managable to have each letter separatedly stored as sketch e.g. as UDF and use some relations to put them at the model according to TEXT string parameter...

Hi,

So I'm wondering if this will be managable to have each letter separatedly stored as sketch e.g. as UDF and use some relations to put them at the model according to TEXT string parameter...

I guess that Creo functionality does not enable to implement your idea (written in blue).

Martin Hanák
Top Tags