cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Inserting, editing CL Data

nlehman
12-Amethyst

Inserting, editing CL Data

My goal is to be able to add or edit CL Data in any area of the CL code, so that the edits stay in the manufacturing model in case they are coded out at a later time. According to these PTC instructions Creo Parametric Help Center, it should be easy and available right in the Play Path box.  This would be extremely useful, however I do not have the option, mine is greyed out and unselect able.

MyBitmap.jpg

The only other option that I can find is by going to manufacturing tab and then selecting Edit/CL Command, however this only allows me to select "beginning" or "end" for my placement of code, and does not allow me to specifically place lines of code like I am attempting to do.  In this mode I can also select Edit/Edit Mode in the code window and change the code and then save it, but it does not seem to keep my added CL Code.  I just want to be able to add or edit CL Code on any line that I desire, anyone have any ideas?

guys.

Thanks again

3 REPLIES 3
KenFarley
21-Topaz I
(To:nlehman)

I always thought "Play Path" was just for passively looking at the results, not for editing. To add my own special actions to a sequence, I always used "Customize". What I'm allowed to do after that seems dependent on what type of sequence I'm trying to modify. Generally, there will be a list of the actions I've already defined, and I can "Insert" from a list of actions, like "Go To Point", "Go Delta", etc. If I want to put specific basic commands in, I use "CL Command". It's not very elegant, requiring a bit of trial and error to find what I need, but it does exactly what you're looking for - adds persistent special instructions into a sequence that will remain, even if I make changes to the sequence.

Also, I'm talking about Creo 2.0, but you didn't specify what version of the program you're working with. The menu picks and options available change, sometimes quite a bit, as the software goes through different versions.

nlehman
12-Amethyst
(To:KenFarley)

I am using Creo 3. I have used the "CL Command" under "Tool Motions", but even with that, I am unable to pick specifically where I want a line of code in the generation.  Say for example that I want to insert CL Data after the coolant turns off and the spindle stops at the end of a sequence, or before they stop, or anywhere I want.  I am unable to pick exact places in the code that I can insert the CL Data.  This has to be possible somehow.

This has not been an option in CREO or WildFire etc. There are limitations of where you can put CL commands and I'm not sure what the rational is.  It will however let you put an invalid CL command in your NCL file! 

Top Tags