cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Integrating Vericut

razmosis
11-Garnet

Integrating Vericut

Just tried to integrate vericut with Creo yesterday. When Vericut is launched from Creo, version 7.1.5 launches. I spoke with IT (new machine) and 7.1.5 has never been installed on the machine. When I run it independant of Creo, I run version 7.3.

Any thoughts on what's going on, or thoughts on whether running Vericut through Creo is any better than running it on its own?

Thanks,

Matt

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Matt,

Vericut 7.1 is included with Creo 2 distribution. It was installed when Creo was installed. This is typicaly called embeded-mode

The main disadvantage of running in embeded mode is that it only runs CL files. You can't verify the actual machine code.

On the other hand, embeded mode does not require to have the machine controller and geometry defined.

In our office every time we are running the standalone mode most of the time. The only machine where we check the programs on embeded mode is an old 3-axis machine.

If you search the knowledge-base there are few articles that are describing how to set-up Creo to start in standallone mode. Here is one of them: https://www.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=129496

I hope this will help you,

Gabriel Zaha

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Matt,

Vericut 7.1 is included with Creo 2 distribution. It was installed when Creo was installed. This is typicaly called embeded-mode

The main disadvantage of running in embeded mode is that it only runs CL files. You can't verify the actual machine code.

On the other hand, embeded mode does not require to have the machine controller and geometry defined.

In our office every time we are running the standalone mode most of the time. The only machine where we check the programs on embeded mode is an old 3-axis machine.

If you search the knowledge-base there are few articles that are describing how to set-up Creo to start in standallone mode. Here is one of them: https://www.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=129496

I hope this will help you,

Gabriel Zaha

Thanks Gabriel, it certainly is a big help! Even if you cannot use them together to verify code, the graphics are a lot better than Creo's default NC check. Is there any disadvantage in using it in that way, then opening Vericut to verify the code independantly?

Matt

Personally I don't see any disadvantage in running Vericut independently.Setting up a simulation take a little longer. We have a library of templates and this is helping us to save a lot of time.

Beside checking for collisions and part gouging we also verify other things like the amount of stock left for hard finishing operations. Bottom line: for us running Vericut independently is advantageous.

Wheelsofsteel
5-Regular Member
(To:razmosis)

Matt

I am on hoildays for two weeks so I can't access the server we run to give you the exact setup, when I am back, I can assistt on how to launch the full license.

On that server, I have set up creo to call the full license. and it works.

the benifiets of doing so are you are able to open saved project from within creo, which you can't do now, you can load cut stock models that are saved from a another vericut session, you can't do that with the built in.

Also you can launch full macine simulation ( if you have that module ) from creo

but on the disadvantages, tool data base that are saved in later full version can't be loaded into the Ceo version, but this is fixable by opening the xml file and on the 2nd line which says version, change it back to the creo version number and save it, then the creo version can use it,

it is just more productive with the full version called and if you maufacturing model is correct, everything loads and is assembled for you.

peter

Top Tags