cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Is it possible to have software only cut areas that previous tool did not cut???

jeuclide
4-Participant

Is it possible to have software only cut areas that previous tool did not cut???

After using a larger endmill to cut a part out is there a way or another sequence to simply use a smaller cutter to clean areas that larger tool did not get using a window or whatever that may be?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3
NickMihelich
6-Contributor
(To:jeuclide)

Yes but its not a nice easy automatic process

surface milling or finishing ?

jeuclide
4-Participant
(To:NickMihelich)

Sorry, for late reply to you Nick but thanks. Actually found that when using windows to define the cut it is very simple to do. Seems like window mill is the key. Wish they had a manual for Pro-NC, pretty much everthing needs to be self figured out by playing with paremters etc.

SteveLucas
13-Aquamarine
(To:jeuclide)

Jeff,

What I have found is after a roughing sequence with a large end mill, Rather than doing a reroughing sequence with a smaller end mill I do a finishing sequence with stock and a smaller end mill . With the finishing squence you get the choice of excluding surfaces from being machined that are within the roughing mill window. Unfortunately you don't have that option with reroughing( I think it needs to be there). At least I haven't figured out how to not machine some areas with rerough.

Try it some time. I like the way it works because a lot of times rerough recuts areas that don't need to be recut and wastes a lot of time.

Steve

Top Tags