cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Machining time

tfrauli
1-Newbie

Machining time

Hello all,

how do you do for have a machining time who is close to the reality?

thanks for your help or remark,

Thomas

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
5 REPLIES 5
KenFarley
21-Topaz I
(To:tfrauli)

I've had similar questions before. Didn't really get any answers, but did a lot of digging and found a way to at least calculate drilling cycles more accurately. Here's a link to the discussion, which was basically me talking to myself.

http://communities.ptc.com/message/226248#226248

Tom,

The estimated machining times in Creo are terrible. Given that it is such a powerful program I don't understand why they haven't tried to make it more accurate. All other systems that I've used have given options for spindle ramp up and ramp down time and rapid accel and decel.

In order to get my time in the "ballpark" I had to adjust my tool change time to over double what it is at the machine, and I have my rapids set at 300 ipm for a machine with 1100 ipm rapids. This still only gives me a very rough estimate since it really depends on the lengths of my rapid moves.

Heres to hoping Creo 3 has some of these features....

I haven't figured that out either. From what I can tell, the Process Manager is pretty much useless as far as cycle time calculations. It seems that I can create a 180 minute roughing cycle, double the DOC, double the IPM and still have a 180 minute roughing cycle.

Wheelsofsteel
5-Regular Member
(To:tfrauli)

No , not even close

I do turning of big daimeter peices ( 900-1200mm) , and while ever Creo won't calculate the chuck speed when using CSS, it won't calculate an actural time correctly.

my predercessor used to try to calculate tool paths, so we could time the program, and each time we run the path, even without altering anything, we got wild time calculation that was never the same.

I have vericut, it is proving to be very accurate at calculating cycle time for me, one job was within 3 second of the real cycle time, most time within about 20 sec on a 15 min job

I always blamed the Accel Deccel of our controls for the time discrepency

Top Tags