cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Manufacturing Roughing - Reroughing

SteveLucas
13-Aquamarine

Manufacturing Roughing - Reroughing

It would be nice to be able to exclude surfaces from the mill window roughing and reroughing seqences. this is available with mill volumes and some types of mill windows but not with the rough and re rough seqences.

The situation I have is I rough a part with several holes and protrusions using a mill window and a large diameter cutter. the holes are smaller diameter than the roughing cutter so the roughing cutter never drops in the holes. When reroughing the same Part to tighten corners (remove more stock in the corners) with a smaller diameter tool. that tool will drop into the holes which is not desired and there is no way top stop this from happening that I can see.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3
Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:SteveLucas)

Don't forget to vote

SteveLucas
13-Aquamarine

I vote every November!

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III