cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Mass properties for Simplified Rep of a Part

ptc-4572417
1-Newbie

Mass properties for Simplified Rep of a Part

I have searched several forums and cannot find an answer to this. This question is specific to a PART, not an assembly. Is there a way to calculate the mass properties of a part for a given simplified representation?

I need this information when making a drawing package for an assembly - certain features (holes, finished surfaces) are not represented in the part or weldment drawing, but are later shown in the final machining drawing. I do not think family tables are a good fit here as this does not change the overall part or assembly of parts in the model, I just need to show representations of the parts at different stages in the manufacturing process and their associated weights.

I have seen two config options for this, force_new_assem_mp_in_simp_rep and mass_property_calculate but this seems to only reflect assemblies, not individual parts or part drawings. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Scott

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Scott,

Currently there is no option for mass property calculation for Part Simplified Rep. You can create family table, exclude the features and calculate the mass property of instances.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Scott,

Currently there is no option for mass property calculation for Part Simplified Rep. You can create family table, exclude the features and calculate the mass property of instances.

Top Tags