cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Modifying H# in Post Output

JasonPensack
1-Newbie

Modifying H# in Post Output

I am trying to create a post for a machine that requires all H#'s to be H1 and all D#'s to be D02. The way I do this now is to put the 1 for the H# in the Tool Offset in the Tools Setup. And for the D02 I put it in the Cutcom Register for each sequence. This becomes a problem when I want to change the job to another machine. I have to go through each tool and each sequence which is very time consuming.

I can get the D#'s to work by unchecking the box in Gpost where it says "Output the tool number as the diameter offset when not specified." This outputs all of the D#'s as D0 and then I use a fil command to change it to D02.

$$ Replace D0 with D02

T4 = TEXT/'D0'

T5 = TEXT/'D02'

REPLAC/T4,T5

There is a similar check box in the Tool Change Sequence tab in Gpost but instead of outputting the H0 it does not output the G43H# line at all. Is there a way I can get the G43H# line to output with this unchecked? Or is there a way to write a REPLAC command where I can replace a range of numbers (H1 thru H99) with H1? I guess worst case scenario I could write the REPLAC command above individually for every possible H#, but I would rather keep my FIL as clean as possible.

I am using CREO 2.0 M070

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Figured it out.....

I have a Cimfil routine to catch the first GOTO move after a toolchange and add a G90 to it, which also outputs the first "Z" move on the next line with the G43 and the H#. Before it executes this CL command, I can override the INTCOM value for 1492 (which is the Length Offset Number) to 1. Here is how it looks....

CIMFIL/ON,5,5 $$CATCH THE GOTO POINTS

DMY=POSTF(20) $$SAVE THE CURRENT CL RECORD

IF(LTSW.EQ.1)THEN $$FIRST MOVE AFTER LOADTL

LTSW=0 $$RESET THE LOADTL SWITCH

ENDIF

PREFUN/90,NEXT $$OUTPUT G90 WITH NEXT BLOCK

DMY=POSTF(2,1,1942,1) $$Set INTCOM value for H# to 1

INSERT/'M56H1D2$'

DMY=POSTF(21) $$RELOAD THE SAVED CL RECORD

DMY=POSTF(13) $$EXECUTE THE CURRENT CL RECORD

DMY=POSTF(26,5,5,0) $$TURN OFF THIS CIMFIL/ON,5,5 ROUTINE

CIMFIL/OFF

It will output G43 Z### H1 for every tool.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Figured it out.....

I have a Cimfil routine to catch the first GOTO move after a toolchange and add a G90 to it, which also outputs the first "Z" move on the next line with the G43 and the H#. Before it executes this CL command, I can override the INTCOM value for 1492 (which is the Length Offset Number) to 1. Here is how it looks....

CIMFIL/ON,5,5 $$CATCH THE GOTO POINTS

DMY=POSTF(20) $$SAVE THE CURRENT CL RECORD

IF(LTSW.EQ.1)THEN $$FIRST MOVE AFTER LOADTL

LTSW=0 $$RESET THE LOADTL SWITCH

ENDIF

PREFUN/90,NEXT $$OUTPUT G90 WITH NEXT BLOCK

DMY=POSTF(2,1,1942,1) $$Set INTCOM value for H# to 1

INSERT/'M56H1D2$'

DMY=POSTF(21) $$RELOAD THE SAVED CL RECORD

DMY=POSTF(13) $$EXECUTE THE CURRENT CL RECORD

DMY=POSTF(26,5,5,0) $$TURN OFF THIS CIMFIL/ON,5,5 ROUTINE

CIMFIL/OFF

It will output G43 Z### H1 for every tool.

Top Tags