cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Module Works was Right!!

SteveLucas
13-Aquamarine

Module Works was Right!!

I had a part with 4 of the same cuts in it so I programmed the first 1 then Mirrored it to the second third and 4th location then ran play path and everything cut fine. I then ran Module works and it showed the cut cutting outside of the windowed cut so I turned in a case about module work showing gouges or collisions where play path didn't. I started a support case#13023191 where Module Works gouges and play path doesn't

play_path-looks okay.JPG

ModuleWorks Image

module works is not okay.JPG

Actual part cut image

part cut .JPG

I wasn't sure which to trust. So now the issue goes to why is play path not showing the proper tool path?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Yeah, it's a rule of thumb in Creo, avoid mirrors at all costs. Only things that work with a mirror are sketches and curves, and i'd avoid doing that anyway. I always just use paste special.

Why on earth would Creo 3.0 not show the wrong paths in play path i have no idea, seems like a bug.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Damn. What version of Creo did that?

SteveLucas
13-Aquamarine
(To:James62)

James,

It is Creo3.0 M090. I suspect it is the way I programmed it. with just 1 window or volume and programmed cut then mirrored everything. My fix was to go back in and just mirror the window or volume and not the cut then it worked fine. It still is a software bug I believe. You should be able to do it the original way I did it without error.

Yeah, it's a rule of thumb in Creo, avoid mirrors at all costs. Only things that work with a mirror are sketches and curves, and i'd avoid doing that anyway. I always just use paste special.

Why on earth would Creo 3.0 not show the wrong paths in play path i have no idea, seems like a bug.

RaphMORIN
13-Aquamarine
(To:SteveLucas)

I never use mirror, I don't find this very reliable. In your case, I would make a single window with a sketch of the 4 regions you want to mill.

SteveLucas
13-Aquamarine
(To:RaphMORIN)

I found out it's not reliable!! From now on I will just use the mirror for the window or volume geometry not the cut. I still think it should be able to do mirrors as I did and it is a bug in the software or a bug in the play path  portion that doesn't show the gouge.

rlysy
5-Regular Member

Steve, did you try to use Gouge Check for CL data file generated from mirrored sequences. It would be interresting if CREO is able to detect above mentioned undercut.

SteveLucas
13-Aquamarine
(To:rlysy)

I don't usually run gouge check on plates like this but to satisfy your curiosity as well as mine I went back to that plate and set the plate up with the mirrored cuts just to see if gouge check would find the gouges.

gouge check.JPG

It did find the cut into the part!

the reason I don't run gouge check on plates like this is there are a lot of drilled holes and gouge check ignores them so it really isn't that useful.

and most of the cuts in the plate aren't that critical.

rlysy
5-Regular Member

Sorry I clicked into the bad message winow.

For mirrored NC sequences, it seems that toolpath displayed in Toolpath player and toolpath generated into the CL file are diffrerent. We had similar problem few moths ago.

rlysy
5-Regular Member

For mirrored NC sequences, it seems that toolpath displayed in Toolpath player and toolpath generated into the CL file are diffrerent. We had similar problem few moths ago.

SteveLucas
13-Aquamarine
(To:rlysy)

Yes they are different I believe it's a software issue. If you  are allowed to mirror the sequence it should follow the original sequence.

Top Tags