cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Mold Analysis Lite

DARYLREECE
1-Newbie

Mold Analysis Lite

Mold Analysis Lite was integrated into Creo 3. PTC dropped Plastics Advisor after Wildfire 5, I think. I was happy to see it back because in the initial phases of a design I just want to look at fill patterns as related to feature sizes, but PTC has really crippled the mold analysis lite. The Lite feature list indicates materials as 10 and gates as 1. The aspect that is not clear is you can't move or redefine the one gate. You literally get one try to define a gate. If you want to move it or change its size, you have to quit and start over. Then on top of that, you can't customize the material beyond the 10 candidates they give you. If your PP resin has a meltflow of 20, you can only select the existing PP material with a meltflow of 15.

Just thought I'd let everyone knows some of the limitations I found, which make Mold Analysis Lite less than useful as an engineering tool.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

Hi Daryl,

I assume that you have had a Plastics Advisor license in the past?

This is not exactly the module I am supporting normally, so I might be wrong, but as I understand, you should then be eligible of receiving a full license of Mold Analysis.

The Lite version is for all customers (as a kind of teaser), even if they have not had Plastic Advisor before.

See article CS187881 : All the menus under Creo Mold Analysis are grayed out in Creo Parametric 3.0 M010. Unable to use Creo Mold Analysis and Creo Mold Analysis Lite

https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS187881

Maybe worth a try!

Regards,

Gunter

dhippe
1-Newbie
(To:gkoch)

The document CS187881 is a bit misleading, it states: If customers have purchased active Plastic Advisor licenses on or before 17-Oct-14, they will receive the new licenses with CMA codes at no additional charge.  It should read: If customers are active with maintenance with Plastic Advisor licenses on or after 17-Oct-14, they will receive the new licenses with CMA codes at no additional charge. 

gkoch
1-Newbie
(To:dhippe)

Hello Douglas,

my understanding is that the license has to be purchased in the past (until 17-oct-2014) to be eligible for upgrade. When they purchased it afterwards, they don't get CMA for free.

And of course active maintenance is required - isn't it always?

Thanks,

Gunter

Top Tags