cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Multi Cavity Insert Assemblies

Jose_Costa
6-Contributor

Multi Cavity Insert Assemblies

Can you explain better how to use this tool? Maybe a video tutorial?

I have been using family tables so far but the regeneration times are not satisfactory, maybe with copy geometries the performance will be better?

Also, is it possible to select a prototype/template file to make the copies?

Thanks,

Jose

3 REPLIES 3
tschneyer
6-Contributor
(To:Jose_Costa)

Hey Jose,

This feature can be used to create copies of your cavity assembly

1. Open your splitted Creo Cavity Assembly and you will see an EMX Ribbon with reduced functionality.

You will find Classify and Multiy Cavity

2. First classify your cavity assembly. Tell EMX which part is the reference part, which is the insert fixed half and which is the insert moving half part. This is important for later EMX functionalities.

3. Open the Multi Cavity Dialog box.

You now have to tell EMX how the structure of your copied insert assembleis should look like.

For each part in the original assembly you can setup  a rule how this part should be available in the copies.

If you say Copy the part a geometry copy of this part will be found in the copied assembly ( makes sense for Inert FH and MH part, cause you maybe want different cooling circuits in these parts. so you need a differetn prt file)

If you say Keep the exact part will be assembled to the copy ( Makes sense fore.g. the refpart, in case you maybe want to assemble the same ejector pins on each reference part)

If you say Ignore the part wont be available in the copy.(Makes sense for e.e. the WORKPIECE part)

2.PNG

With Quantity you can define the numebr of copies (2, 3,4, 8 etc.)

With Mirrored Copies you can als create mirroed cavity assemlby copies. Might be necessary for some mold pieces

Wildcard defines the renamin mechanism. With _%i an additional integer variable is added to the name of the copied cavity assemblies.

If you click on OK the copies will be created and stored to your working directoy.

Here is the Video

Video Link : 7568

If you are interested in an EMX 9 Tutorial.

We are selling a 300 pages PDF with models for 100 €

Just write me a PM if you wnat to have a look to it

Regard

Kind Regards
Thomas Schneyer
B&W Software GmbH
Jose_Costa
6-Contributor
(To:tschneyer)

Thanks for the detailed answer,

I will test this feature in the following projects to see if it improves regeneration performance.

Jose

tschneyer
6-Contributor
(To:Jose_Costa)

The Missing Video

Video Link : 7624

Kind Regards
Thomas Schneyer
B&W Software GmbH
Top Tags