cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Output on profile failed - tool path with CUTCOM command is not planar. Turn off CUTCOM to fix.

bukaj.lesyk
1-Newbie

Output on profile failed - tool path with CUTCOM command is not planar. Turn off CUTCOM to fix.

Hi all.

I have tried to use Trajectory mill 3axes with cutcom on. I have defined 3D curve in PRO/table

r=3.5

thetha= -10*t * 360

z = -5*t -2

It makes spiral curve. I need to generate endmill moe along spiral with cutcom ON (41/42). But proe wrote this error message:Output on profile failed - tool path with CUTCOM

command is not planar. Turn off CUTCOM to fix.

Is there any way to do it.

Thanks

Bukaj.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

Bukaj, good morning!

Some months ago I created and shared here a trajectory MUDF to generate helical toolpaths not using curves, but an un-documented feature of trajectory toolpaths (Do a search on this forum - There is a .doc guide about it as well) and when I tried to port it to work with a workcell having the CC definitions to work in the "Tool Edge", I got this problem. Then I recreated my MUDF from zero using the template containing the referred workcell and it worked again. IMHO, this is not a very solid approach, though, because the way CAM systems handles CC... the need you to have a lead in move to start the CC, just like the control when you work with the tool radius in the tool offsets tables at the CNC control... I assume your curve does not have it right... The MUDF does it for you...

You have basically two options (As far as I know... 😉 :

1- Set the workcell to work with "Tool Center" and define the "initial" tool radius as 0 in the control... then you would apply the wear value as being the difference from what you have and what you need on the part. This is the well known "Wear compensation" - Then your toolpaths should work. If it does not, then the problem is milling a curve using CC (If my memory serves me correctly I tested that approach as well and it did not work - So I had to come up with the MUDF...)

2 - If this is the case, I´d recommend you to try the MUDF... you will love it... but even the MUDF might have issues when you have "Tool Edge" tickled at Workcell... but again, I recreated it using the workcell set like that and it worked in this condition as well...

HTH

Daniel

Dear Daniel and Tony

Thanx for advice. I have done it by thread milling. (in wf5 work cutcom on OK)

Jakub

Top Tags