cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Override Mold System Colors

M.Shuler
7-Bedrock

Override Mold System Colors

After designing my mold cavity and extracting the mold components they are assigned a color based on my system color settings. My company will take those mold components and reassemble them in a standalone assembly to be inserted into a mold base, I will usually changed the color and maybe add transparency to each individual component at this time. My issue is if I ever need to make a geometry change in the manufacturing assembly, all the components are reassigned back to the default system colors again.

Does anyone know of a way to stop the system colors overriding my user defined appearances? I know I can change the system color to something else but I generally don't want all the mold components the same color, different colors makes it easier for the toolmakers to differentiate parts and shutoff locations.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Sorry, I didn't mention that it's a hidden option.  You will have to enter it manually in your config.pro using a text editor.coloring.jpg

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Try setting the config.pro option, enable_mold_extract_coloring to NO.  By default, it is set to yes.  This worked for my company.

This may not work on existing mold splits, but should work on new ones.  I wonder if PTC internally tags those surfaces during the split creation, which cannot be over-road by the config.pro setting.

I cannot find that option in my config editor. I am currently using Creo 4, maybe this is an option in later versions. I will check this option after my company updates our version.

Sorry, I didn't mention that it's a hidden option.  You will have to enter it manually in your config.pro using a text editor.coloring.jpg

Well I have added this option to my config file. I will update this post soon if this turns out to be what I am looking for.

Thanks for the help!

Top Tags