cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Part disappears after confirming accuracy change

elizabeth_m_l
4-Participant

Part disappears after confirming accuracy change

Hi, 

I've recently started using Creo's manufacturing package and have had issues getting my parts to import into manufacturing assemblies. When I try to create a reference model, after constraining the part/assembly, Creo gives me a warning: "Please confirm setting absolute accuracy value 5.0357e-02 mm for assembly PART_NAME"

My options are to click "OK" or "Cancel". When I click "Cancel", the part shows up as normal in the window, though this does not seem to be the correct solution. When I click "OK", the part disappears. It is still in the model tree, Creo is still able to auto-create a workpiece from the part, and if I cursor over where the part should be in the window, I can select some edges of the part. 

I have tried to set the assembly accuracy value to copy from the part model before importing the part. When I do this, then import the part, I do not get the warning dialog box, but the part still disappears when I confirm component placement. I have also tried to set the accuracy value to the lowest and highest values possible, then regenerating the model, but this does not help.

If anyone knows what this dialog box means, or why setting part and manufacturing assembly accuracy values to be equal causes this issue, I would appreciate the help!

**UPDATE** Oddly enough, I am able to import fixtures without issue. When I try to add a reference model into the mix, the reference model will disappear, but the fixture is still visible.

Thanks,

Liz

6 REPLIES 6

Hi,

I think the answer to your question is hidden somewhere in part's geometry. If you can upload file you are importing then (maybe) someone tells you what is going on 🙂

Martin Hanák

Hi Martin,

This issue is happening with every part I try to open as a reference part, even those downloaded directly from PTC University as part of a training course. The part is visible when I am placing it, up until the point where I confirm changing the absolute accuracy value.

Thanks!

Hi,

please can you upload Creo file ?

Martin Hanák

Martin,

Here are two files I have tried to use.

Thanks, 

Liz

Hi,

I tested your models in Creo 6.0.1.0 ... I cannot reproduce your problem.

1.] what Creo release do you use ?

2.] can you upload manufacturing assembly + fixture + reference model showing the problem on your PC ?

Martin Hanák

I found the solution; the setting "shade_mfg_ref_models" was defaulting to "no" on my system. Changing this to "yes" in the Configuration Editor solved the problem.

Thanks,

Liz

Top Tags