cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Post processor question

pgf545
7-Bedrock

Post processor question

I am having an issue with G83 on my post. I am trying to peck drill and the post will give me the peck on the first hole but not the following holes. Does anyone know how to fix this?

g83.JPG

5 REPLIES 5
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:pgf545)

The post is writing a lot of extra lines! Thank goodness for DNC and not punched tape.

I am guessing the controller is cancelling the F and Q values when it sees the G80.

Try setting those values to non-modal in the post so it outputs them on every G83 line or eliminate the G80 between the G83 lines.

KenFarley
21-Topaz I

The peck (Q) and feedrate (F) are modal, so they don't need to be output for each drill cycle. Subsequent cycles will just use the previously set values. It looks like all you really need is to have the next position, in other words something like:

G83 X1.0000 Y2.0000 Z-1.5000 Q0.0500 F10.0

X2.0000

X3.0000 Y3.0000 Z-1.2500

G80

That's what I was thinking it was but my machine is only pecking the first hole and the rest of the holes it is doing in one shot. I was able to work around by manually adding the Q to the other lines

KenFarley
21-Topaz I

That is an odd controller behavior. I suppose you could use the Option File Generator

Applications->NC Post Processor

then

Motion->Cycles

and experiment with the "Cycle Motion Data Modal Condition" setting. I think it will put out the "full" G83 command every time if you set it to "All cycle points". You could check the .ncl file that is generated by the "Save a CL File" command and see if the peck parameter is output on every drill point. If it is, the problem is in the .FIL code that is used when you post the file and you might need to poke around in that file to ensure the peck is output on every drill command.

Thanks for the help Ken, i have been messing around with some of those settings but still can't seem to get it to post right. I got busy with some other stuff so my time is limited on the post stuff but here are a few things I tried.

I changed the Cycle motion data to "All cycle points"

Then I checked  the Linear XY[Z] Modal

I did some reading last night and saw where the G80 cancels the canned cycle so I went in and canceled that in the INTCOM 500 parameter but that didn't do anything.

Note I did all the changes one at a time and have since gone back to the original settings. I suspect its something in the FIL file but I am not real familiar with that so I have been doing some studying to understand it more. I still have my work around so I will continue that way until I can figure this out. I will make a copy first in case I get all messed up I can put it back. I have been wanting to go to AustinNC for one of their training classes but have to get the boss to pay for that and until I get approved for that I will continue to try to figure it out on my own. If you have an other suggestions I would appreciate them.

Thanks 

Top Tags