Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pro/E Wildfire Casting Tutorial

Highlighted

Pro/E Wildfire Casting Tutorial

In this tutorial i show you how to manage make and manage a casting and machine part in an assembly and the benefits to it in Pro/E Wildfire 4.0

(view in My Videos)

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Pro/E Wildfire Casting Tutorial

Hi Steve, first off, great video!

I like your tips regarding references and making sure to base them off your desired origin.

I have a couple of questions.

1. What advantages do you see in using an assembly as opposed to independant inheritance parts?

2. This is is probably nit-picky, but you dimensioned some cuts off cast-surfaces for the top and bottom clean-up.  Is there a reason for this, or would you normally dimension off your primary datums?

Again, great video, it's nice to see standard practices presented!

Re: Pro/E Wildfire Casting Tutorial

thanks for taking the time to watch my video. below are my responses

1) the only reason i create an assembly is so that when im in the design phase i can move things around a lot easier and see everything  that will be affected. obviously once the design/concept phase is out i take my parts and seperate them. so i just have a part with the merge inheritence in it.

2) I would always dimension off my datums, in this video i was quickly showing how the merge inhertance tool works and how you can make changes. i agree though i was sloppy because i was rushing.

thank you for the great feedback