cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Pro/E Wildfire Casting Tutorial

SteveChoryan
1-Newbie

Pro/E Wildfire Casting Tutorial

In this tutorial i show you how to manage make and manage a casting and machine part in an assembly and the benefits to it in Pro/E Wildfire 4.0

2 REPLIES 2

Hi Steve, first off, great video!

I like your tips regarding references and making sure to base them off your desired origin.

I have a couple of questions.

1. What advantages do you see in using an assembly as opposed to independant inheritance parts?

2. This is is probably nit-picky, but you dimensioned some cuts off cast-surfaces for the top and bottom clean-up.  Is there a reason for this, or would you normally dimension off your primary datums?

Again, great video, it's nice to see standard practices presented!

thanks for taking the time to watch my video. below are my responses

1) the only reason i create an assembly is so that when im in the design phase i can move things around a lot easier and see everything  that will be affected. obviously once the design/concept phase is out i take my parts and seperate them. so i just have a part with the merge inheritence in it.

2) I would always dimension off my datums, in this video i was quickly showing how the merge inhertance tool works and how you can make changes. i agree though i was sloppy because i was rushing.

thank you for the great feedback

Top Tags