cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Sensitivity Analysis

ptc-6786199
1-Newbie

Sensitivity Analysis

I want to compare scans from CMM software in IGES with the original profile on pro e. I think it has to be done by using sensitivity analysis. Can anybody guide me how to perform it?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.

2 REPLIES 2

Hi

By CMM do you mean “coordinate measuring machines”?

Do you want simply to compare the dimensions from the measured parts against the CAD part?

If is so this is not done in simulation (unless you what to simulate the measured part).

Please look in “Tools > Compare part > by geometry” in Creo or “Analysis > Compare Part > by geometry”. In WF (I think).

You have to setup the minimum increment (step) as well as the minimum difference (size) that you want.

The program will overlap the two models and show you the areas where they have a geometry change.

Regards

R. Rabe

You can do this using "Verify", part of the "Computer-Aided Verification Set" license. It is used to compare "cloud" data in X-Y-Z format to a CAD model. We've recently used it to compare cloud data from a scanned part to our ideal Creo file with excellent results. There is little documentation on it (and what there is is from an old version - but it still works for Creo), here is the link on a quick tutorial:

http://support.ptc.com/WCMS/files/52553/en/flash/index.htm?im_dbkey=52553&icg_dbkey=362

Cheers,

Chris

Top Tags