cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Sheet Metal Flat State Calculation difference between PRO-E & Inventor.

ptc-4753077
1-Newbie

Sheet Metal Flat State Calculation difference between PRO-E & Inventor.

Hello ,

I would like to know how any of you have managed a transitition from Autocad Inventor to PRO-E for sheet metal components, especially for flat state.

Current Scenario in my organiztion : Inventor is used for developing sheet metal drawings. The Flat state dimensions for Sheet metal component is also given in the same drawing. This is done by inputting the k-factor values as per sheet thickness and material.

After migration to PRO-E , for the same sheet metal component , after inputting the same k-factor value , we have a difference in the flat state value of the sheet metal component.

This could have an impact on the sheet metal component during manufacturing.

Why does PRO-E and Inventor throw up different flat state values for the same k-factor , thickness and Material?

Has anyone come across a similar scenario?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
9 REPLIES 9

If u site an example we might help you, however u can manually calculate for one sample case the developement length and can decide which software is giving correct development length,

Please find attached an example. A sheet metal part of dimensions 30*60*2. I have attached flat state views of both inventor and PRO-E for reference.

PRO-E+VS+INVENTOR.JPG

Assuming the internal bend radius is equal to thickness. please confirm the same, also provide the k factor you have considered for the model.

Hello Jayanta,

Thank you for your input. I have realised what I was missing. My internal bend radius in the Inventor and PRO-E models were not consistent.

Now I have set them to the same values and finally my flat state dimensions are consistent across both the Cad packages.

Appreciate your help.

I have posted one more query related to the same subject :http://communities.ptc.com/message/245238#245238

Please let me know if you have any inputs on the same.

Regards,

Shibin

The flat state length generated in Inventor is 86.5 and 83.39 in PRO-E . (Dimensions in "MM")

Please find a screenshot attached.PRO-E+VS+INVENTOR.JPG

Shibin,

I can see different value on the picture...

Inventor is 86.5 and ProE is 86.39 mm ... the difference is 0.11 mm

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

Shibin,

I didn't find bend radius of your model. Please upload your model.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

Hello Martin,

Thank you for your input. I have realised what I was missing. My internal bend radius in the Inventor and PRO-E models were not consistent.

Now I have set them to the same values and finally my flat state dimensions are consistent across both the Cad packages.

Appreciate your help.

I have posted one more query related to the same subject :http://communities.ptc.com/message/245238#245238

Please let me know if you have any inputs on the same.

Regards,

Shibin

Top Tags