cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Splitting a long toolpath among many tools

dtrabattoni
7-Bedrock

Splitting a long toolpath among many tools

Hello, imagine you have a very long machining...for example a finishing sequence of 5 hours.

I want to machine with 5 tools for example (all the same tool geometry of course).

Many CAMs have the possibility to divide the toolpath, either by LENGTH (meters of machining for example), TIME and many others (for example ANGLE, DIRECTION).

Is there any possibility to do something similar in Creo ?

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3

I know of no such functionality for Creo. In the past when I've had to do this I've done it the "hard way", by picking which parts of the machining to do with the first tool, then omitting them for the second, etc. I don't know how an automatic process would handle things in a graceful manner. The start/stop for the splice between paths might leave quirky results on a surface, particularly if the previous tool was a bit worn, and the second is unused, or offsets are slightly off, etc.

Thanks, unfortunately I thought it was not possible ☹️

Yes I'm doing it the hard way and manually...but it's really old style...not 2020 style...

Possible work around is to copy/paste the toolpath 4 times and use different manufacturing geometry for each or set stock_allowance different for each.

Top Tags