cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Strange icons in Sketcher

cadcam
12-Amethyst

Strange icons in Sketcher

Apologies if this is a duplicate email, I am not seeing the previous post

We are seeing strangeness in sketcher (Creo 4.0 M020). It starts with the lines in Sketcher beinging to get larger and then icon representations changing. We have also seen line thickening in drawings. See below froma  machine that is seeing issues in sketcher.

strange_icons.png

Seen on a range of Dell machines with low end nvidia graphics cards.

We have tried fixing the line width in Sketcher, but no effect.

Many Thanks for any hints

13 REPLIES 13

Hi,

can you see the same problem in Creo 3.0 ? If Creo 3.0 is OK, then try updating graphic card driver on one machine.

Martin Hanák
cadcam
12-Amethyst
(To:MartinHanak)

We haven't seen a similar issue in Creo 3.0, but then there are no/different icons in sketcher.

It is difficult to upgrade one machine as there are 250+ machines central served. At present we can't reproduce the 'fault' / 'special feature' to order so it would be difficult to see if there are any changes re graphics driver. However I will check with the IT department but I think we are seeing the problem across a number of different drivers as they are required for the different cards.

Regards

Mahesh_Sharma
22-Sapphire I
(To:cadcam)

Or share the file. You may strip some of the feature and share this file. We can check this.  

Not sure it is part specific, but next time I have a part exhibiting the effect I will post it.

Regards

cadcam
12-Amethyst

Update, In the same session opening the sketcher in various parts & features seem to generate the issue. Thus fairly sure it is not part dependent.

Regards

Mahesh_Sharma
22-Sapphire I

Try executing Creo in Win32 graphics mode. 

Add config option graphics with value as win32_gdi and start Creo. In new session check sketch and icons. 

Had already swapped to win32_gdi 

Regards

cadcam
12-Amethyst

Also seems to follow selected items in shaded modehighlighted1.png

Sorry press solved by mistake, how can this be rescinded?

NB this does not solve the problem

Mahesh_Sharma
22-Sapphire I

Select the reply which was marked as Answer and from pull down set "Not the Solution". 

Sol.jpg

cadcam
12-Amethyst

Further information

Just tried to carry on with the system in this mode and it started being slow, being able to see the lines being redrawn.  Screen as below

lined2.png

Switching to shaded mode, from wireframe, shows the icons correctly,  but shows a strange way to fill a enclosed boundary , almost as if it is trying to triangulate the model.

NB The effect is repeatable switching to and from shaded

lined.png

VitomirDjoric
6-Contributor

Try to change screen resolution.

Not on the Creo 4 machine until tomorrow now, but it is being seen in at least two different screen resolutions ( on different machines). Will investigate further tomorrow

Top Tags