cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Toolcrib Organization

72super
1-Newbie

Toolcrib Organization

I'm currently running WF5 and using Pro/NC every day. I'm beginning to develop quite a lot of tools files (both xml and models for solid tools) in my toolcrib directory. As far as I know, Pro can only save tool files (xml) back to a single directory (which is how mine is set up currently). What I am after is a way for Pro to automatically sort my tool files into subdirectories (which I have already created) within my toolcrib directory, based on the filename or other manner. I know I can do this with third party software that will monitor direcories and perform file moves, etc. when it sees a new file that matches cetain criteria. However, I find it hard to believe that Pro wouldn't already have similar functionality already built in. If anyone could point me in the right direction I would appreciate it. Thanks in advance. -Matt

2 REPLIES 2
NickMihelich
6-Contributor
(To:72super)

That would be a great functionality unfortunatly I dont think WF5 has anything like that. The only workaround idea I can come up with is creating multiple versions of the same machining center with different tooling packages. Also consider utilizing the tool comment area as a way to organize your list I have found that to be helpful.

SteveLucas
13-Aquamarine
(To:72super)

you could add your folders to the common area. The only problem I find with doing that is you have to be carefull because it sets the last visited folder as your working folder it seems.common_folder.JPG

Top Tags