cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Vericut with rotary axis work.

ChrisKirchen
1-Newbie

Vericut with rotary axis work.

Hi all,

I'm working on setting up procedures for using Vericut to verify 4th axis work from ProNC.

My problem is that I can not get Vericut to show motion when the rotary is moving (i.e. when the tool axis is changing). For simplicity's sake, I am working with a 3" cube. When I have the tool .1" above the center of a face, and turn the rotary 90° to the next face, I should get a collision. However, Vericut jumps from the first tool axis (perpendicular to the first face) directly to the second tool axis (perpendicular to the second face) and doesn't catch the collision. Play Path in ProNC behaves the same way, but at least it animates the tool orientation during the move.

The parts we make are much more complicated than a simple cube, so I'm hoping to use Vericut for catching collisions. Has anyone been able to make it work or have any pointers for setting it up?

I'm running 5.0 build M080.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags