cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

W5 Gouge Check Vs. Vericut

DogariuSebastia
1-Newbie

W5 Gouge Check Vs. Vericut

I've noticed that on some programs the gouge check done on a program in W5 shows gouges where Vericut doesn't. If I gouge check the sequnces I have no gouges. So my question is on what can I count on: Vericut or W5?

7 REPLIES 7

I count on vericut to show tool holder collisions and tool shank collisions. I use gouge check to find bad tool path (a all to common occurance) usually in roughing re roughing sequences.

I had a bad example today. I had 2 finishing and a surface mill sequence done with the same tool. When I made the output in a set it showed me gouges. When i did it separately it was ok. I think W5 is pretty bad at tying toolpath from different sequences, even if I use the same tool. Did you check the roughing - re -roughing problem with the amount of material left after re-roughing at 0 ? I used your strategy for helical mahining and I've noticed that sometimes it doesn't go all the way down to the bottom of the pocket. Have you encountered this by now?

I find strange issues everyday (2 this morning). I am getting very sick of Pro NC and would love to find a diffrent software pakage. any suggestions?

I would look at Esprit or Delcam's FeatureCam. Siemens' NX Cam seems strong, but I think that they would fall into the same boat as PTC. Data management gets all the development and everything else is along for the ride. Although they seem to realize the importance of a consolidated CAD/CAM package. Pro/NC was a very strong NC package but it has been surpassed by companies that are devoted to machining. Just my opinion and I hope it helps. Good luck.

Along the lines of gouge check Vs. Vericut. What tolerances does everyone set for the both? I try to set mine to .0001 but when I do in vericut I will sometimes get gouges. When I do with gouge check I do not get gouges with the same part. so I tend to do both and trust the gouge check more than vericut.

Along the lines of gouge check Vs. Vericut. What tolerances does everyone set for the both? I try to set mine to .0001 but when I do in vericut I will sometimes get gouges. When I do with gouge check I do not get gouges with the same part. so I tend to do both and trust the gouge check more than vericut.

I just leave the tolerance the way proe asks me when I import the reference model into manufacturing. In vericut I don't do changes on tolerances. Until now, vericut has been an useful tool for gouge checking. Even if proe shows gouges.

Top Tags