cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

WF5 reading SW files interface

mike_pavese
1-Newbie

WF5 reading SW files interface

Question:

We are on WF5 (or should I be saying CreoPro, LOL) and we have one seat of SolidWorks 2007. I am trying to get WF5 to read a SW part file. I have the config pro "swdocmgr_license_key" with the alphanumeric code I got from the SW "help" -> "show license" -> about<tab>" -> "Computer ID" <number>.

When I try to read a SW file Pro gives me the error "Bad license key has been used". Does WF5 require a newer version of SW than 2007? Has anyone set this up?

TIA.

Manufacturing Engineer

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

Yes, it do work for us, even for SW 2010 which is not supported. Did you get the license key from SW support?

https://www.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=145366

Starting in datecode F000 of Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire 5.0, an Interface for SolidWorks is available. It is a Windows-only, import-only processor that is included with Pro/ENGINEER, but requires an installation of SolidWorks 2007, SolidWorks 2008, or SolidWorks Explorer, and a license key issued by SolidWorks to register a DLL that is present in the aforementioned installations.

Additional Information

1) Make sure one of the following is installed on the same computer as Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire 5.0:
- SolidWorks 2007
- SolidWorks 2008
- SolidWorks 2009 (as of Wildfire 5.0 Datecode M020)
- SolidWorks Explorer (free download)

http://www.solidworks.com/sw/support/downloads.htm

2) Obtain a free license key for "swdocumentmgr.dll" (must be a SolidWorks customer):

- Email SolidWorks API support at mailto:apisupport@solidworks.com to request a license key

3) Enter the license key using the "swdocmgr_license_key" Pro/ENGINEER config.pro option to register the "swdocumentmgr.dll":

- swdocmgr_license_key <dll license=" key=" string=">

4) Launch Pro/ENGINEER and open SolidWorks (*.sldprt or *.sldasm) files.
Top Tags