cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Where to start for setting up probe in Creo NC?

nlehman
12-Amethyst

Where to start for setting up probe in Creo NC?

I would like to be able to incorporate probing routines into our Creo NC manufacturing models, this would make life so much easier as the macros are currently written by hand every time.

I can not seem to find any information on even where to begin setting a probe up.  All information that I find has to deal with setting a CMM up, and the probing that we have is not a CMM but to set offsets based on where the part is located.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
ScottJohnson
14-Alexandrite
(To:nlehman)

The best way I found was to write a macro to call our previous Renishaw subroutines in IMSpost. The data coming out of Creo Parametric 2.0 will be in DMIS, and I tried for a long time to write a macro to convert that. Message me your email and I can send you some information from the old PTC CMM slides and DMIS info.

Sorry for the late response, that sounds great and I will be sending you a message!

I am surprised by the lack of support from PTC on this subject, I find it hard to believe that no one is utilizing probing in Creo NC..

ScottJohnson
14-Alexandrite
(To:nlehman)

Renishaw killed a lot of it by using its own subroutines for the operations. You can call the subroutines in your post easier than writing a post to decode DMIS.

Thanks for the help!  I will be looking over the information that you have provided me, is much appreciated.  I associate the term "CMM" with a machine used in checking quality, is this terminology also used to describe a probe used in a CNC machine or Creo manufacturing model used for CNC machining?

rcordova
4-Participant
(To:ScottJohnson)

Hi. can I have probing help too? I'm trying to setup a family of parts for probing. Each part has 3 bores 90 degrees apart from each other and I want to probe each bore before I run finish profiling tool. Your help will be appreciated. Thank you.
Top Tags