cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

chamfer milling in Creo 2.0 (Summary)

snguyen
1-Newbie

chamfer milling in Creo 2.0 (Summary)

Thank you to Bill for the parameter I needed to change.

Works like a charm.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3
JoseCoronado
14-Alexandrite
(To:snguyen)

Son, maybe the slides below can also help:

[cid:image002.jpg@01D04553.44817000]

[cid:image003.jpg@01D04553.44817000]

The parameters NUMBER_FIRST_FINCUTS, NUMBER_LAST_CUTS, FIRST_FINCUT_OFFSET, LAST_FINCUT_OFFSET are used for multi-cut machining (similar to NC-Expert). Also, the parameters CORNER_FINISH_TYPE, INTER_RET_HEIGHT, SIDE_CLEARANCE, and TOOL_OVERLAP are used similar to NC-Expert.

Regards
Jose

This tool path works fine when you know about CUTTING_DIAMETER (new in Creo I believe) parameter. Trajectory (2-axis) works well too, especially because PERCENT_LENGTH is all you need to be aware of. Too bad for me that I had to educate technical support on all of this to get a handle on it. Oh yes, also be aware that in the new Corner Round tool path I believe the tool radius must match the corner round value. Where I work, the round tolerance is usually pretty large, so if your round is 5mm +/- 1mm then you might have to sketch a tool and curve to accommodate the tool you have to get a tool path.

Terry
blong
4-Participant
(To:snguyen)

Does chamfer milling work on edges for deburring or do you have to have an actual chamfer feature ?

Could it be a step file chamfer will it work ?

I have not even messed with it yet because I always chamfer my parts using sketched tool and traj milling.

B

Top Tags