1. Describe your environment: What is your industry? What is your role in your organization? Describe your stakeholders. Working as engineer or lead engineer in design and re-assessment for offshore structures
2. What version of Mathcad are you currently running? Prime 7.0
3. Describe the problem you are trying to solve. Please include detailed documentation such as screenshots, images or video. In our department, we appreciate both flexibility and automation. My aim is to make a toolbox for our department that can update and execute Mathcad Prime sheets in batch. One example is to extract values from an old revision sheet and pass them onto a later revision sheet, thereby avoiding a manual and error-prone re-typing. Another example is to deploy multiple sheets based on the same template but with a set of varying parameters. In all cases, the user should be able to use the sheet as normal.
A. I request that the API is updated to be able to read and set all variables (in areas that are not protected), not only those variables added to the list of aliases. If this is not possible, I would like to be able to autogenerate the list of aliases through a single click in Prime or a method in the API. In this way, all variables can be read and set both when using a sheet normally and through the API.
B. I request that Prime is updated so inputs are editable, even if they are added to the list of aliases. If this is not possible, I would like to be able to activate or deactivate the list of aliases, even through the API. In this way, inputs can be updated both when using a sheet normally and through the API.
4. What is the use case for your organization? Desk calculations are part of our deliverables and a clever use of desk calculations helps us to better help our customers
5. What business value would your suggestion represent for your organization? Medium value