cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The PTC Community email address has changed to community-mailer@ptc.com. Learn more.

API to read and set all variables + inputs in alias list to be editable

0 Kudos

API to read and set all variables + inputs in alias list to be editable

1. Describe your environment: What is your industry? What is your role in your organization? Describe your stakeholders.
Working as engineer or lead engineer in design and re-assessment for offshore structures

2. What version of Mathcad are you currently running?
Prime 7.0

3. Describe the problem you are trying to solve. Please include detailed documentation such as screenshots, images or video.
In our department, we appreciate both flexibility and automation. My aim is to make a toolbox for our department that can update and execute Mathcad Prime sheets in batch. One example is to extract values from an old revision sheet and pass them onto a later revision sheet, thereby avoiding a manual and error-prone re-typing. Another example is to deploy multiple sheets based on the same template but with a set of varying parameters. In all cases, the user should be able to use the sheet as normal.   

Therefore:

A. I request that the API is updated to be able to read and set all variables (in areas that are not protected), not only those variables added to the list of aliases. If this is not possible, I would like to be able to autogenerate the list of aliases through a single click in Prime or a method in the API. In this way, all variables can be read and set both when using a sheet normally and through the API.

B. I request that Prime is updated so inputs are editable, even if they are added to the list of aliases. If this is not possible, I would like to be able to activate or deactivate the list of aliases, even through the API. In this way, inputs can be updated both when using a sheet normally and through the API.

4. What is the use case for your organization?
Desk calculations are part of our deliverables and a clever use of desk calculations helps us to better help our customers

5. What business value would your suggestion represent for your organization?
Medium value

2 Comments
olivierlp
Community Manager
Status changed to: Acknowledged

Thank you @PEAH for your idea and welcome to the PTC Community. Based on the information you provided, we are acknowledging it as the Community management team. This is not a commitment from the Product team. Other users may comment and vote your idea up.

PEAH
7-Bedrock

Hi, is there any news on this? This idea is still highly relevant, particularly item B. It is annoying in the daily work life that I have to deactivate "Assign input" (so it is not accessible to the API), update parameter value, then re-activate "Assign input" (so it becomes accessible to the API again)...