1. Describe your environment: What is your industry? What is your role in your organization? Describe your stakeholders. Electrical Utility.
2. What version of Mathcad are you currently running? Prime 8
3. Describe the problem you are trying to solve. Please include detailed documentation such as screenshots, images or video. Plotting Phasors with built in function without having to write lines of programming code.
So what is a phasor and what does the plot look like:
A phasor diagram is used to show the phase relationships between two or more sine waves having the same frequency. A phasor diagram is one in which the phasors, represented by open arrows, rotate counterclockwise, with an angular frequency of ω about the origin.
Diagram from Professor Shukla
The current method of doing your own coding to get the above graph is cumbersome.
4. What is the use case for your organization?
5. What business value would your suggestion represent for your organization?
Saves time and better facilitates presentation. We want Prime to be a tool to make calculations and presentations easier. The whole idea of PRIME should be to remove the need for programming. Currently to plot the above involves lines of coding. Absolute time waster.