Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add arrowhead plot symbol

Add arrowhead plot symbol

In both 2D and 3D plots, it is often valuable to plot vectors or oriented curves.  Please add the capability to add an arrowhead to the end or middle of a plotted curve, in both 2D and 3D plots.

(Adding an arrowhead by plotting additional points manually is not a real workaround, as the aspect ratio of the plot can skew the shape of the arrowheads.)

5 Comments
MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

I agree, but the whole of the plot capabilites needs revamping in Prime. Have you seen the examples passed with in the forum showing arrowhead and shapes?

ncunningham-2
1-Newbie

Mike Armstrong wrote:

I agree, but the whole of the plot capabilites needs revamping in Prime.

That may be true; I don't quite see why that's relevant here -- even in a new, improved, revamped plotting tool arrowheads would be a great addition!

Have you seen the examples passed with in the forum showing arrowhead and shapes?                 

Can you point out some examples of what you have in mind?  I've seen functions that build an arrowhead at the end of a line, but these arrowheads suffer from becoming skewed when plot axes have different scales, and they don't generate the kinds of 3D arrowheads that would be optimal in 3D plots.  Thanks.

ncunningham-2
1-Newbie

p.s. Since you agree, Mike, you should upvote this idea!

--Nathaniel

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

Nathaniel Cunningham wrote:

p.s. Since you agree, Mike, you should upvote this idea!

--Nathaniel

Done

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

Mike Armstrong wrote:

I agree, but the whole of the plot capabilites needs revamping in Prime.

That may be true; I don't quite see why that's relevant here -- even in a new, improved, revamped plotting tool arrowheads would be a great addition!

It's relevant as I belive PTC should be looking at maching the plot capabilities of M15 first.

Can you point out some examples of what you have in mind?  I've seen functions that build an arrowhead at the end of a line, but these arrowheads suffer from becoming skewed when plot axes have different scales, and they don't generate the kinds of 3D arrowheads that would be optimal in 3D plots.  Thanks.

I cannot upload a worksheet here so I will create a new thread with the worksheet I have.