cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Bring back Mathcad 15 ruler and tab functions

Bring back Mathcad 15 ruler and tab functions

1. Describe your environment: What is your industry? What is your role in your organization? Describe your stakeholders.
Nuclear and defence sectors.

2. What version of Mathcad are you currently running?
Prime 8

3. Describe the problem you are trying to solve. Please include detailed documentation such as screenshots, images or video.
In Mathcad 15 you could view a ruler at the top of the sheet and then set up gridlines which by pressing the tab key would cause the cursor to jump to these lines.  This made it easy to layout calculation reports consistently throughout the document in terms of alignment.  Now there is no ruler option and the tab key just cycles through the variables or jumps the cursor to the first sheet.

4. What is the use case for your organization?
N/A

5. What business value would your suggestion represent for your organization?
N/A

4 Comments
MM_8893451
3-Visitor

I was just forced to switch to prime 8.0 from MathCad 15 when my new license no longer worked to activate 15 and prime sucks in comparison. You can't move the text or formulas exactly where you want them with grid on, you can't edit the grid to print at a lower opacity, you can't directly add super and subscripts to text boxes, you can't just start a line and hit the space bar making it turn into text. And I can't even open my 15 documents so I'm having to remake them all as the converter button is grey on mine. Prime really seems like a downgraded version so I don't know why it is the only option available now. 

mbennett-2
6-Contributor

Your last line there sums up my thoughts exactly!

olivierlp
Community Manager
Status changed to: Acknowledged

JH_8486837
1-Newbie

Please can we have Tabs and Ruler back.

We have a number of ongoing & legacy Projects whose design calculations, dating back over a number of years are formatted using Tab spacing, which allows the text definition to the left and the maths to be aligned with a single tab space.

in the future when we need to update these in Prime these documents will require significant manual correction.

MathCad 15 Alignment.pngMathCad Prime 8 Alignment.png