cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The PTC Community email address has changed to community-mailer@ptc.com. Learn more.

Column inputs

0 Kudos

Column inputs

In tables, I would like to be able to do the following:

For example first column and the second column will be inputs, in the third I would like to put an equation in the heading involving inputs from the first and the second columns, now in the third column I would like to see the result, not the equation!

( I now my sugesstion could be v. difficult to be down in real life but its what I need for ages)

3 Comments
PhilipOakley
5-Regular Member

Hana wrote:

In tables, I would like to be able to do the following:

For example first column and the second column will be inputs, in the third I would like to put an equation in the heading involving inputs from the first and the second columns, now in the third column I would like to see the result, not the equation!

( I now my sugesstion could be v. difficult to be down in real life but its what I need for ages)

I would support the tone of Hana's suggestion.

I would like to include those calculations doene via range variables as well.

I often have difficulty arranging the various input and output column vectoirs side by side so that the results line up, which is essentially Hana's suugestion but with the results arranged inside a table. [there is a subtle difference as to whether the table is all 'results', or some columns are true inputs , with some columns being calculated answers]

- I suspect that implementing the "all results" approach is easiest - it is essentially an Augment() with the equation hidden and results displayed as a table

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

I would support the tone of Hana's suggestion.

I would like to include those calculations doene via range variables as well.

I often have difficulty arranging the various input and output column vectoirs side by side so that the results line up, which is essentially Hana's suugestion but with the results arranged inside a table. [there is a subtle difference as to whether the table is all 'results', or some columns are true inputs , with some columns being calculated answers]

- I suspect that implementing the "all results" approach is easiest - it is essentially an Augment() with the equation hidden and results displayed as a table

I like this. Maybe it could be done as a component similar to excel.

Hana could always embed an excel component which will do this for her.

Mike

olivierlp
Community Manager
Status changed to: Archived

Hello,

We are archiving your idea as part of a general review. This action is based on the age of your idea and the total number of votes received, as per this announcement.

You can always post a new idea with all the details required in the form.

Thank you for your participation.