cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Different First Page Header/Footer

Different First Page Header/Footer

With introduction of customised margins in Mathcad Prime 6.0, PTC finally convinced me to make the jump from Mathcad 15. However, another version release (Prime 7.0) and I still cannot write up my calculations as a complete report inside Prime, as a large majority of users did with Mathcad 15.

The reason for this is the inability to have a different header / footer for the first page i.e. to make a tile page for the report. This was basic stuff back in the early double digit versions of Mathcad. Don't get me wrong, Mathcad had its challenges when trying to present a formatted report, and PTC have gone a long way to correcting some of these issues with each revision. Give me a option to change the first page header/footer and we almost have a software with the presentation functionality of Word and calculation power of Mathcad Prime (isn't that what most people want?).

2 Comments
amcgough
12-Amethyst
Status changed to: Under Consideration

This is on our list of candidates for a future release.

MS_8971903
1-Newbie

Our company templates include document number, client and project names on the first page only.  Currently these must reside in the body of the calculations as we don't want this space used on every page.  This makes the current header fairly useless.  Adding 'First Page Different' will make documents more like MS word and more useful.

Additionally our v15 documents all used the Page Frame feature which draws a rectangle around the margins to enclose all the working area of each page.  This feature should be restored in future prime releases so that we can restore the look and feel we had before.  There are many reasons why the page frame is required but in simple terms you just have to look at an engineering drawing to understand why no border is a bad idea.