cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Improve page break behaviour as in Mathcad 15 (Visibility, inserting lines, movement)

Improve page break behaviour as in Mathcad 15 (Visibility, inserting lines, movement)

1. Describe your environment: What is your industry? What is your role in your organization? Describe your stakeholders.
I am an analysis engineer working in the nuclear industry. I create calculations that need to be easy to read by my colleagues and the clients that my company serves.

2. What version of Mathcad are you currently running?
Mathcad Prime 8

3. Describe the problem you are trying to solve. Please include detailed documentation such as screenshots, images or video.
The behaviour of page breaks in Mathcad Prime 8 is difficult to work with.

When authoring large reports it is often required to add content to the end of a previously defined section, or to change the order of the content. In Mathcad 15 it was easy to use page breaks to separate different sections. To add extra content above a page break, insert lines could be used to create blank pages to insert additional content, perhaps copied from elsewhere in the report or from another mathcad document with a similar calculation (tiling windows is another frustration). 

In Mathcad Prime, attempting to "add page" or "add space" above a page break seemingly does nothing. To create extra space I have to remove the page break and use the carriage return to create an empty page. This invariably leads to not using page breaks at all which makes keeping section headings throughout the report aligned with new pages really difficult. Mathcad 15 was so much easier.

Also allow the page breaks to be seen in draft view and allow the position in draft view to be moved up and down as for Mathcad 15. 

4. What is the use case for your organization?
This affects all reports written by my team which often run into several hundred pages.

5. What business value would your suggestion represent for your organization?
A significant amount of time is lost on every report written just trying to correctly manipulate section headings / page breaks such that the document formatting is appropriate. This is exacerbated as Mathcad prime seems to take forever to insert space if there are many pages beneath the insertion position without page breaks for the reason described above.

1 Comment
olivierlp
Community Manager
Status changed to: Acknowledged

Thank you @ME_10406535 for your idea. Based on the information you provided, we are acknowledging it as the Community management team. This is not a commitment from the Product team. Other users may comment and vote your idea up.