cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Improve the "Compare Documents / Worksheets"

Improve the "Compare Documents / Worksheets"

The Compare Documents/Worksheets functionality is too rigid in its detrmination of 'something moved' etc. It mixes cosmetic changes with 'real' changes.

The compare documents should allow a lot more flexibility on what is being compared, and not being compared.

I often will have many variants of a worksheet with little extra bits and changes, but because of updates near the front everything is flagged as moved, makin g the tool almost useless.

I'd like to be able to selectively choose what feature are checked.

The code should then 'chunk' the large patches of code which are unchanged beyond simply having moved down a page etc.

If the sequence of calculations is unchanged after re-alignment of regions that should be allowed as 'unchanged'

I would expect that the selction to include

1. Check retained results? y/N
  2. Check local positioning? y/N [check region sequence only]
  3. Ignore text box changes? Y/n
  4. Graph set-ups changed? y/N

etc.

Suggestions welcomed as to things others would desire to beselectable

This would greatly enhance the ability to see which items actually changed, and which were cosmetic differences.

Philip

2 Comments
VladimirN
24-Ruby II

Vote Up!

olivierlp
Community Manager
Status changed to: Archived

Hello,

We are archiving your idea as part of a general review. This action is based on the age of your idea and the total number of votes received, as per this announcement.

You can always post a new idea with all the details required in the form.

Thank you for your participation.