1. Describe your environment: What is your industry? What is your role in your organization? Describe your stakeholders. I am an analysis engineer working in the nuclear industry. I create calculations that need to be easy to read by my colleagues and the clients that my company serves.
2. What version of Mathcad are you currently running? Mathcad Prime 8
3. Describe the problem you are trying to solve. Please include detailed documentation such as screenshots, images or video. Text size for subscripts and in particular matrix indices is virtually unreadable unless the text size is increased significantly which reduces the number of characters that will fit on a single line. As an example I have attached examples from a Mathcad 15 document on the left and the equivalent from the converted Prime document on the right, both snipped from printed PDFs at the same scale.
4. What is the use case for your organization? This will affect every report written by my team and make each one easier to read.
5. What business value would your suggestion represent for your organization? Using the text size that we were able to use in Mathcad 15 means that fewer equations run onto a second line and more content can fit onto a single page. This makes reports much easier to read (and indeed to author too) for all parties involved.