cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Insert file, user defined name space and grid control

0 Kudos

Insert file, user defined name space and grid control

Some thing I would like to see

1) In earlier versions, there was an insert file in the insert menu; I was able to perss alt>f>i>file name, it was fast, now I have to open the file and cut and past.
I was miffed at the time, but got over it. Along with this, I would like to be able to easily change, and keep until I change again, the defalut location that the files to be inserted resides.

2) User defined name space, because I work with several different materials with the same variables, might make it easier to keep seperate.

3) (Probable already mentioned) I woul like more control of the grid spacing on graphs.

Thanks,

Wayne

6 Comments
IRstuff
3-Visitor

Mathcad Prime has a file Include that apparently mimics the functionality of the Mathcad Insert|Object. However, it does not appear to have a relative file location capability, only an absolute file location.

On the plus side, it looks like changing the file reference is EASY. Just clicking on the Include tab, and the insert file dialog pops up.

TTFN

Message was edited by: Eden Mei OK, relative reference does exist, but it requires you to know DOS!! filepath conventions to make it work. GACK!!

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

Message was edited by: Eden Mei OK, relative reference does exist, but it requires you to know DOS!!

What's wrong with that? That's not a problem, as long as DOS is taught in schools alongside Latin.

StuartBruff
23-Emerald II

Richard Jackson wrote:

Message was edited by: Eden Mei OK, relative reference does exist, but it requires you to know DOS!!

What's wrong with that? That's not a problem, as long as DOS is taught in schools alongside Latin.

Oi! Less of that. Latin's useful.

Lot's of doctors and scientists would, as in times past, benefit from knowing the language. It also forms the basis of the 'Romance' languages, so it should help linguists ... although I find it puzzling that, apart from a few military types, anybody should consider the language of veni, vidi, vice (I came, I saw, I butchered) to be romantic. IIRC, the early Brits got demoralized and gave up because they thought Julius had called tham weeny, weedy and weaky.

Lot's of social science and fine arts majors would benefit from course on DOS, at they will benefit from learning how to sleep under a railway arch.

Stuart

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

True. I don't think one can fully appreciate the Asterix books without at least a little grounding in Latin.

StuartBruff
23-Emerald II

Richard Jackson wrote:

True. I don't think one can fully appreciate the Asterix books without at least a little grounding in Latin.

http://blog-en.asterix.com/images/zig.jpg

olivierlp
Community Manager
Status changed to: Archived

Hello,

We are archiving your idea as part of a general review. This action is based on the age of your idea and the total number of votes received, as per this announcement.

You can always post a new idea with all the details required in the form.

Thank you for your participation.