1. Describe your environment: I work in the Energy industry and am the Mathcad cognizant Advisory Engineer for over 1,000 concurrent users in our organization.
2. What version of Mathcad are you currently running? We're running Prime 7.0 and advertising Prime 8.0 shortly.
3. Describe the problem you are trying to solve.
We have a massive number of Legacy worksheets to be converted to Mathcad Prime using the Legacy file converter. A majority of these use temperature units, including Rankin, R. The converter can't place a Prime Label style on these to indicate that the character is a Unit and not the constant, R, for ideal gas constant. In a given worksheet, there may be hundreds of these units in both assignments or evaluations, requiring the user to click on each instance individually and press <Ctrl>U to specify the unit label. Realizing that some cases may actually want to the constant label, depending on the content, the following are suggested:
Determine from the context in the Legacy Mathcad file if the "R" expression is supposed to have a unit label and apply it in the converted worksheet.
If the label can't be determined by context, allow a checkbox/ radio button option in the converter tool to specify if all R expressions should have a unit label, constant label, or variable label applied.
4. What is the use case for your organization? We have decades of stored files (our engineering products are active for 3 to 5 decades) that need to be converted on retrieval and re-use. Many of these files have 100's of instances of the use of Rankin units on input and output values.
5. What business value would your suggestion represent for your organization? It is extremely time consuming to fix these files once converted, for our organization and most likely, many other of PTC's client organizations. This should be an option in the converter tool for the massive productivity increase that it would provide to all PTC Mathcad users.