cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

MathCad 15 to Prime Translation Problems

MathCad 15 to Prime Translation Problems

1. Describe your environment: What is your industry? What is your role in your organization? Describe your stakeholders.
Engineer

2. What version of Mathcad are you currently running?
MathCad 15 and Prime 8

3. Describe the problem you are trying to solve. Please include detailed documentation such as screenshots, images or video.
Converting a worksheet form MathCad 15 to Prime 8 results in multiple errors, the worksheet will no longer run, significant time is spent editing and "correcting" the problems.

4. What is the use case for your organization?
There is resistance to moving any MathCad 15 legacy worksheet to Prime 8 due to the time required and frustration of fixing the conversion process. Prime should be able to read and run any MathCad 15 existing worksheet with no user interaction. Basically, Prime in its current release will not do what can be done in MathCad 15.

5. What business value would your suggestion represent for your organization?
Time savings.

2 Comments
olivierlp
Community Manager
Status changed to: Acknowledged

Hi @mking-3   Thank you for your idea and my apologies for the long reaction time...

Based on the information you provided, we are acknowledging it as the Community management team. This is not a commitment from the Product team. Other users may comment and vote your idea up.

mking-3
3-Visitor

Thank you for looking into the issue. IMO this is a major impediment for taking an older worksheet and going from MathCad 15 to Prime. I know I am not alone facing this problem.