cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Mathcad PDF "Save As" Improvement

Mathcad PDF "Save As" Improvement

1. Describe your environment: What is your industry? What is your role in your organization? Describe your stakeholders.
We are a Structural/Bridge Engineering company. My role is Product Development Engineer. My stakeholders are upper management as well as reviewing parties (e.g., State DOTs)

2. What version of Mathcad are you currently running?
Prime 8.0

3. Describe the problem you are trying to solve. Please include detailed documentation such as screenshots, images or video.
When utilizing the Excel component of Mathcad, the image produced on the PDF version of the document is blurry. It can be read, but the blurriness looks quite unprofessional. Unfortunately, all of our calculations must be PDF'd at some point, so a seamless transition between Mathcad and PDF is important.

4. What is the use case for your organization?

We use the PDF function on every calculation package we produce; therefore, it is crucial to our workflow.

5. What business value would your suggestion represent for your organization?
Our goal is to provide high-quality products both in the components we produce and the documentation accompanying those components. Having blurry images mixed in with otherwise professional-looking calculations takes away from the whole package.

5 Comments
ppal
17-Peridot

Have you tried "print to Pdf" - is it any better?

SK_9728141
6-Contributor

@ppal Yes, I have also tried the "print to PDF." Same issue. Occasionally, I have problems with the gridlines with that method, so I do not use it.

ppal
17-Peridot

Ok. Have yo tried the high quality print option?

ppal_0-1675383637995.png

achirila
Status changed to: Acknowledged

Hi @SK_9728141!

Thank you for your idea. Based on the information you provided, we are acknowledging it as the Community management team. This is not a commitment from the Product team. Other users may comment and vote your idea up.

SK_9728141
6-Contributor

@ppal Yes, I have also tried using the high-quality print option. Same result.