cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Will Mathcad Prime 3.1 run under Windows 10 or can it be upgraded to do so?

0 Kudos

Will Mathcad Prime 3.1 run under Windows 10 or can it be upgraded to do so?

Hello Mathcad Support Network,

I have so far been resisting upgrading my Laptop from Windows 7 to Windows 10 because my initial investigation suggested Mathcad might not run correctly under Window 10 without a very expensive upgrade.  Is this still the case?

I am a retired Engineer and Manager living on a adequate but limited pension and could not afford the suggested cost of the upgrade thought to be required when Windows 10 was launched.  As the free upgrade to Windows 10 is coming to an end on 29 July 2016 I need to decide whether or not to accept Microsoft’s offer before that date.  Obviously I will need to upgrade to Windows 10 eventually because Microsoft will at some point stop supporting Windows 7. If I postpone upgrading Widows now this will incur additional expense later.

I originally obtained a free copy of Mathcad as an Open University student.  I subsequently upgraded to Mathcad Prime when my OU studies came to an end.  I am however still registered as an OU student.

I wrote a book on Economics which included a lot of advanced Maths and some new Maths I developed in Mathcad using a hybrid numerical and analytical approach that enabled me to produce general solutions to some otherwise insoluble equations.  I am still revising this work and therefore I still need access to Mathcad.

Can anyone in the Network with clear knowledge of this issue help me to decide whether or not to upgrade Windows 10 before 29 July 2016 and if I do will I still be able to run Mathcad Prime 3.1 without incurring significant expense?

Regards,

Mike Benthall   

2 Comments
VladimirN
24-Ruby II

Hi Mike,

Officially Mathcad Prime 3.1 version is supported for Windows 7 and Windows 8.1:

Pic_1.png

Support for version Windows 10 is planned for the next/future release - Mathcad Prime 4.0:

Pic_2.png

olivierlp
Community Manager
Status changed to: Archived

Hello,

We are archiving your idea as part of a general review. This action is based on the age of your idea and the total number of votes received, as per this announcement.

You can always post a new idea with all the details required in the form.

Thank you for your participation.